Applicants applying for advanced placement will be considered
on an individual basis. The administration will take into account
official transcripts from other training facilities and work
Attendance and Records
Instructors will take attendance in all classes. Students
are required to meet with instructors to make up any missed
class. If a student misses more than 10% of a class that is
not made up, they will receive an ‘Incomplete’
for that class and the hours will be reflected on their transcript.
Conditions for Dismissal
A student may be dismissed for any of the following reasons:
- failure to fulfill academic standards;
- default on tuition payments.;
- attending school under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- demonstrating an attitude or behavior inappropriate for
a professional in the health care field;
- behavior that is harmful to other students, staff or the
reputation of the school.
Student progress is evaluated through written exams and practical
observations. Students must maintain a ‘C’ average
or better in Anatomy and Physiology and Kinesiology. All other
classes are graded on a ‘Pass/Fail’ basis.
Leave of Absence
A leave of absence will be considered on an individual basis.
If a leave of absence is granted by the administration, all
work missed must be made up on a schedule approved by the
Students are required to make up any classes missed due to
absence. It is the student’s responsibility to meet
with the instructor in regard to makeup work. If the student
fails to make the work up, they will receive an ‘Incomplete’
grade and the hours missed will be reflected on their transcripts.
Re-enrollment is totally at the discretion of the staff of
the school. After a personal interview with an administrator
and careful consideration a decision will be made.
These policies apply to all certification programs offered
at Sedona School of Massage.
- If an applicant is not accepted by the Sedona School of
Massage a full refund will be made;
- The applicant may cancel this contract and receive a full
refund of all monies paid to date, if cancellation is made
in writing to the Director of the school, and mailed/delivered
to the Institution at the address stated herein within three
(3) business days after the date of the signature. The refund
will be made no later than 30 days after the school receives
a written notice of cancellation.
- If a student cancels or is dismissed prior to the completion
of 50% of the program of study, the student will receive
a prorated refund of any money paid over the percentage
of the program completed. Notice of cancellation must be
presented in writing, and such notice will represent the
last day of actual attendance. A refund will be made no
later than 30 days from the date of the written cancellation;
- No refunds will be made after 50% completion of the program;
- Textbooks are not refundable unless an applicant cancels
within three business days of signing an enrollment agreement,
and if there are no markings in the textbooks.
- If any course offered by the Sedona School of Massage
is cancelled for any reason, all monies collected will be
Students withdrawing from the program are required to meet
with a staff member and sign a statement documenting the date